September 19, 20 and 21, 2022
- What are the dates? The retreat starts Monday, September 19, 20 and 22 of 2022.
- What is the cost? Registrations before April 14 is $595; after April 15, 2021 it is $695.
- Are meals included? Lunch is provided on Monday and Tuesday.
- Is housing available? We have made arrangements with The Arrowwood Conference Center for the attractive nightly rate of $79. Tell them you are with the Okoboji Writers’ Retreat for the discounted rate. This is the closest location to where the retreat is being held, but it is not on the lake. Also, if you want a lake view: Fillenwarth Beach Resort prices are higher and vary, but it is located on West Lake Okoboji. They provide boat rides, in-room refrigerator.
- What if I’m not sure I can attend, but want to reserve a place? Your enrollment fee is refundable (minus $25 processing fee) until September 1, 2022.
- Is this primarily for professional writers? No! The goal is to encourage attendees to learn and get started. Almost everyone is a writer. Some are paid, most are not.
- Is there something for professional writers? Yes. We will have two literary agents available, one via Zoom and another will be with us in real time. Also, an editor with Better Homes and Gardens magazine is coming to scout for freelance writers. Plus, attendees of all skill levels will work with top editors from around the country.
- It is required that all attendees be vaccinated against Covid 19.
- Where do I sign up? Enroll.