Skip to content
- What are the dates? The retreat starts Monday, September 20 and ends Wednesday, September 22 at 11:30 a.m.
- What is the cost? Registrations after July 15, 2021 is $595.
- Is there an Early Bird Registration discount? Yes, Those who pay in full by July 15 receive $100 discount: $495.
- Are meals included? Lunch is provided on Monday and Tuesday.
- Is housing available? We have made arrangements with The Arrowwood Conference Center for the attractive nightly rate of $79. Tell them you are with the Okoboji Writers’ Retreat for the discounted rate. This is the closest location to where the retreat is being held, but it is not on the lake. Also, if you want a lake view: Fillenwarth Beach Resort prices are higher and vary, but it is located on West Lake Okoboji. They provide boat rides, in-room refrigerator.
- What if I’m not sure I can attend, but want to reserve a place? A $100 deposit will save your spot. It is refundable until September 1. You do need to pay in full by July 15 for the early-bird-discount.
- Is this primarily for professional writers? No! The goal is to encourage attendees to learn and get started. Almost everyone is a writer. Some are paid, most are not.
- Is there something for professional writers? Yes. We will have a small break-out session for professional writers interested in meeting with a literary agent.
- Where do I sign up? Click here.