….will there be an Okoboji Writers’ Retreat in 2023? Yes:
September 17, 18, 19 and 20, 2023
- What are the dates? There will be an informal hot dog roast on the campus of Lakeside Labs, on September 17, the night before the retreat officially begins. This is put on by volunteers who attended the retreat last year. Bring something to share. Hot dogs provided. The retreat starts Monday, September 18, 19, and 20, 2023.
- Where will the retreat be held? Iowa Lakeside Laboratory on West Lake, Okoboji, Iowa.
- What are the closest airports? Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Minneapolis, Minnesota. Omaha, Nebraska. Des Moines, Iowa.
- What is the cost? Registration after January 1, 2023, is $795. STAY TUNED FOR EARLY BIRD ENROLLMENT INFORMATION.
- Are meals included? Lunch is provided on Monday and Tuesday. There will be optional dinners on Monday and Tuesday nights for an additional fee.
- Are scholarships available? Yes. Working Journalist Partial Scholarship OR Otto Knauth Scholarship for Environmental/Climate writers.
- What if I’m not sure I can attend but want to reserve a place? Your enrollment fee is refundable (minus the $20 processing fee) until September 1, 2023.
- Is this primarily for professional writers? No! The goal is to encourage attendees to learn and get started. Almost everyone is a writer. Some are paid, but most are not.
- Is there something for professional writers? Yes. We will have distinguished and award-winning editors, authors, literary agents, and columnists who will share their Best Practices.
- Where do I sign up? Coming soon.